DICKSTERLAND

One of Leonardo da Vinci's proverbs goes something like this: It is easier for a 'man' to kill a thousand of his enemies than to vanquish himself. 'Men' sometimes need to undertake a long voyage in order to find the 'meaning of life'. Dickster's World is not far from yours. If you take the right wrong turn, you will find it. Dickster needs you… D wants you to… D'd LOVE you to…help Him find His way back. Give D the feedback He deserves! Go a-head, give it to Him!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

BLOCKED AT MERZOUGA



Tangers, Fez, Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Tinghir, Tinejdad, and now Merzouga. After having gone deeper and deeper into unknown territory, for me, I've been given the slip with no change in return.

With indications like: third date tree in the north palm grove, turn left at the crippled camel; 100 donkey steps to the right during the third prayer of the day, it's a wonder I'm having problems catching up with Ali B. Now I'm at Merzouga, facing the first dunes of the great desert and, somehow, I've apparently missed him by a week, go figure.

He's now in Algeria somewhere and I won't be able to follow him in cause I don't have a visa and because the border is closed by terrestrial routes. Also, and I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not about to go traipsing across the freakin' desert after a guy who's got ants in his pants -maybe even a few scorpions, by the size of the leaps he's been making!

I feel as though I have failed you all, and Richard T especially. I'd best avoid public transport from here on in. It should be safer getting back.

A disappointed,

JS.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jack, glad to know you are doing fine. Be careful and may this voyage show you the path you are seeking for.
Best,

Kooki

October 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conseils tres interessants. A quand la suite?

February 17, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home